- GUEST BLOGGER & AUTHOR -
Today, I interview a very talented blogger, author and environmentalist from Nigeria.
Welcome, Ewoma ...
1. TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR BLOG’S JOURNEY.
I actually started blogging in 2015. Prior to that time, I was looking for a medium to write on a frequent basis. And so I got talking with a friend about my passion and he advised I should start a blog, which I did, and the rest is history.
2. WHAT IS THE AIM OF YOUR BLOG?
My aim is to address environmental issues and concerns, and to create awareness about the maladies plaguing our environment. Also to educate the public about the various ways we can protect and manage the environment.
3. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO CREATE A BLOG?
Like I said, I needed to let out my passions to write. Blogging was the perfect way to do it.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
I enjoy being able to let out my passions and concerns by penning down words.
5. WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
The hardest thing for me is when I am out of pen and paper or there’s a glitch in internet connection that prevents me from writing, blogging and publishing my work.
6. WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOUR BLOG?
I have always worked in media as an editor, writer, correspondent and marketing and sales. At a time, I even taught in a culinary school.
7. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT PROMOTING OTHERS?
I enjoying helping others discover their talents and gifts to help them fulfil their purpose in life.
8. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I am preparing manuscript for my third novel and also promoting my new podcast on environmental matters.
9. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
The Holy Spirit is my greatest inspiration.
10. ARE YOU A WRITER?
11. WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?
Inspirational romance fiction
12. DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS?
Yes. As a budding writer. You must be relentless in the pursuit of your dreams.
13. DO YOU SUFFER FROM WRITER’S BLOCK?
No. never had.
14. DO YOU HAVE A PREFERRED WRITING SCHEDULE?
Most preferably early in the morning from 8.00am.
15. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WRITING PLACE?
Not really. I use my bedroom most times.
16. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN WRITING?
Finding expression to my thought processes and imaginations.
17. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?
Debbie Macomber. I just love her simplicity and the chaste way that she writes.
18. WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED FROM A READER OF YOUR BLOG?
19. WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT FROM A READER?
Haven’t received any.
20. WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?
Yes. Pretty much.
21. OTHER THAN WRITING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?
Reading. Cooking and baking, dancing, singing, travelling and working with the less privileged.
22. IF YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
I would say; strive for excellence in all that you do and never give up on yourself and on your dreams.
23. DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.
My perfect day is when everything I need to work is promptly available.
24. WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSETS AS A WRITER?
Patience and perseverance.
25. IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE? WHY?
Jesus. Because with Him it will never feel like you are in a desert.
26. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
First of all, I plan to produce my scripts and screenplays into movies. Secondly, I hope to open a top notch restaurant. And finally, I hope to work with United Nations as ambassador for the environment.
27. WHAT FIVE BOOKS WOULD YOU TAKE TO HEAVEN?
My Bible, Around the world in 80 days by Jules Verne, Then came heaven by Lavyrle Spencer Heidi by Johanna Spyri, Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser.
28. ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?
I just want to thank you for the opportunity to talk about my writing journey.
Clancy's comment: Well done, Ewoma. You certainly have been busy in so many ways. Good luck, and keep up the good work.