1 October 2020 - ALICIA JONES -"AJ" - GUEST BLOGGER, WRITER & DREAMER


ALICIA JONES -"AJ" 
-  GUEST BLOGGER, 
WRITER & DREAMER -

G'day folks,

Today, I'm happy to introduce a blogger from Georgia, U.S.A. 

Welcome, AJ ...




      TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR BLOG’S JOURNEY.



I had a conversation with a great friend and told her I always wanted to write on a different level and share that with others.  I started thinking of ways to make that happen and decided to start my blog site in 2018.  It was important for my site to be genuine and reflect my true personality, from the colors of the pages, down to the way my website flows.  It's been almost two years and my blog is finally finding her voice and I couldn't be happier with the progress and what's to come.





      WHAT IS THE AIM OF YOUR BLOG?



When you visit my page I hope that you receive a good vibe and feel my energy.  What you see is what you get, and it's all me.





      WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A WRITER?



The ability to put my thoughts into a great story and share that with my readers.  As a writer I find myself consumed at times with multiple ideas, but it's also what I love about the process.   I love the late-night thoughts, the feeling that I am creating something great and the excitement each and every time I publish a new story.





      WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A WRITER? 



I am very critical of myself.  Over analyzing what I want to say and quieting the voices long enough to make it all come together. 








      WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOUR BLOG?



Boring.  I now feel that my true calling is being put to the test.  I have enjoyed my life even before my blog, however, I now have a purpose, and the desire to fulfill that purpose drives me to keep pushing.





      WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?



I'm always working on my next blog post, but the real piece de resistance is my first book.  I started my book at the beginning of the year and quite honestly the format changes about once a month.  I hope to have it completed by the end of this year.  Stay tuned and wish me luck!





      WHAT INSPIRES YOU?



Anything under the sun, the moon, and the stars.  I am inspired by a butterfly I see stopping by to sit on my roses for a few seconds.   A stranger walking with her family who all seem so happy with not a care in the world.  I'm greatly inspired by life's lessons, both happy and sad as they have helped to shape me into who I am today.  My inspiration comes from so many different directions but most importantly it comes from all of the writers before me.  I am in awe of what so many before me have created.






      ARE YOU A WRITER?



Yeah I am.  The first time I said that I smiled the entire day.  I'm smiling right now as I type this.





      DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS? 



Just go for it.  Don't allow others who can't see your vision stop you from making your dreams come true.  Save every story you have ever written, and from time to time go back and read your very first story.  You will see your growth in so many ways and it will put a smile on your face.  Don't compare yourself to what someone else has done, you are unique, so own that.





      DO YOU SUFFER FROM WRITER’S BLOCK?



Most definitely.  The best way to unblock myself is to take a moment, walk away and come back to it.





      DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WRITING PLACE?



In my den.  I created a wall of pictures, lots of happy moments, family and friends.  The room is perfectly cozy and my serene space to create.






      WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?



Maeve Binchy.  Her writing took me to a special place.  I have read several of her novels (Light A Penny Candle, Tara Road, Circle of Friends, etc.) and each time I felt the characters as if they were my friends and my life.  When I reached the last page I felt a great sense of sadness as I did not want the story to end.  Her writing was very touching and all around felt good.  





      WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED FROM A READER OF YOUR BLOG?



That my writing is inspiring, profound and I am gifted and blessed. 





      WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT FROM A READER? 



No comment.  As a writer, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to know what my readers think.  I write for the love of it, but comments to a writer is like the icing on a cake.  It's great without it, but so much better when it's there.  





      OTHER THAN WRITING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?



I love to garden.  I get the desire from my mother and sister who have an amazing green thumb and a stunning garden.  Playing in the dirt is very relaxing and it is quite fun to see what you are able to grow with a little sun and water. 






      IF YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?



How much time do we have?  I think we can all agree that the world is in so much turmoil and in dire need of an enormous dose of love, an everlasting hug, and constant prayer.  Given the opportunity I would say we must find peace, our sanity and lives depend on it.  Let go of preconceived notions of how things should be and give in to the hope of how things can be if we all come together as one. 





      DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.



It would start with an early morning writing session, followed by a nice breakfast of coffee, fruit, and perfectly fluffy pancakes.  Give my mom a call before I take a morning walk by the small creek.  Snap a few pictures of the flowers and anything else that catches my eye.  Spend a little time looking over my garden, and then write my list for a few light errands.  Once I'm done with shopping, it would be a perfect opportunity to call a few friends to meet for lunch and mimosas. 





      WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSETS AS A WRITER? 



Simply put, my authenticity. 







      IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE? WHY?



My mother.  We talk daily, if I didn't have that I would go completely mad.  And she is very smart, we would have a tent built from tree bark by nightfall. 







      WHAT FIVE BOOKS WOULD YOU TAKE TO HEAVEN?



Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

The Thief Of Always by Clive Barker

The Catcher In the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Tara Road by Maeve Binchy







      ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?



I'm happiest when I write and I am in love with creating more and more.  It allows me to be completely free and get even deeper into my crazy busy mind.  Follow me and see what I'm up to next.









 Clancy's comment: Go, AJ! Keep writing and blogging. Hey, love your photography. 

I'm ...







No comments:

Post a Comment