14 September 2015 - JUDITH NICOLAS - Guest Graphic Designer





JUDITH NICOLAS

- Guest Graphic Designer -

G'day folks,

Welcome to an interview with a very talented graphic designer from Barcelona. Below, you will see some of her bookcover designs.

Welcome, Judith ...


1.   TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR ARTISTIC JOURNEY.
My name is Judith.
I’m a Barcelona based graphic designer.
I have over 10 years experience in this magical world of Graphic Design.
I have a strong passion for design and offer the best results improving every day.
The secret to getting a good design is to study in depth the information that the client
provides and attend and listen to all his suggestions, recommendations and changes.
Here’s a short list of some things I do:
Book cover design, posters, CD covers, Logo & Identity, t-shirts, invitations, menus, labels, and more…
I love chocolate, sun, sport and big smiles… Everything works better with a smile.



2.   WERE YOU GOOD AT DRAWING AS A KID?
No. I was good a painter.

3.   WHEN AND HOW DID YOU BECOME AN ARTIST?
Designer wasn’t my first career choice. But sooner or later my truly vocation would spring up.

4.   WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING AN ARTIST?
Artwork is a means to convey an artist's feelings and emotions to the viewer. I really enjoy feel and make others feel with my designs.

5.   WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING AN ARTIST?
Find the inspiration, the worst situation for a creative is to be mentally blocked.



6.   DO YOU WORK FOR YOURSELF, OTHERS OR BOTH?
I’m currently a freelance artist.

7.   WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOU BECAME AN ARTIST
Secretary and Dog & Cat Groomer.

8.   WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
I always think that my last design is my greatest achievement. I look at each design a new challenge

9.   WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I’m really very proud of my current project. Is a book cover that must have a medieval Fables Style.

10.               WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEDIUM?
Digital and Vector artwork both equally.



11.               WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Many things, it depends of the project. But when I need to design a personal project my inspiration is nature. Nature is the most wonderful work of art that exists.

12.               WHAT DO YOU PREFER TO PAINT OR ILLUSTRATE?
Paint.

13.               DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR EMERGING ARTISTS?
Being true to oneself and work very hard ( never give up ).

14.               DO YOU SUFFER FROM ARTIST’S BLOCK?
Yes. Sometimes.

15.               DO YOU HAVE A PREFERRED SCHEDULE?
It depends. I do normally work all day.

16.               DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE TO WORK?
My Studio.

17.               WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN YOUR WORK?
The same answer of the 4 point.



18.               WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTIST / ILLUSTRATOR AND WHY?
Boris Indrikov, absolutely gorgeus!

19.               WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
Literally: “The design is way, way beyond anything I could of hoped for. Your profile describes the 'magic of graphic design' Magic happens and you are proof...” It really touched me.

20.               WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
I’ve never received an offensive or too much negative comment. On my opinion the worst comment is “the no comment” Ignore our work is the worst situation.

21.               WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?
No. I must have an open mind and try to think and feel as my client.

22.               HOW MANY BOOKS HAVE YOU ILLUSTRATED?
Quite a lot.

23.               HAVE YOU WON ANY PRIZES OR AWARDS?
Yes.

24.               WHAT DID THEY MEAN TO YOU?
It’s worth the hard work.



25.               OTHER THAN DRAWING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?
Artistic disciplines like dance, music and others.

26.               WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO ALL WORLD LEADERS IF YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY?
Nothing, I don't think they will hear me.

27.               DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.
A coffee, good reading, and peace.
                                              
28.               WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
I try to be a better person every day, these are my plans.

29.               HAVE YOU MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY?
Yes. My grandmother is the greatest person I ever met.

30.               HOW DO YOU PROMOTE YOURSELF?
My clients, and socialnetwork.

31.               WHAT HAS BEEN MOST THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PROMOTION?
My clients support.



32.               DO YOU MENTOR OTHERS?
I do not think that I can contribute a lot.

33.               DO YOU HAVE A MENTOR?
Some friends.

34.               ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?
I try to do my best and enjoy with my work.







Clancy's comment: Thank you, Judith.  Very impressive work. As I've said before, I am hopeless at drawing. In fact, I'd probably stuff-up a stick figure. So, I admire anyone who can draw.

I'm ...








No comments:

Post a Comment