15 December 2019 - PARIS, NIGHT LIGHT AND FAIRYTALES


 PARIS, NIGHT LIGHT
 AND FAIRYTALES

G'day folks,

You know that feeling when you see an image so appealing to your senses that you just want to climb inside right then and there? 

That’s what the art of Russian painter Evgeny Lushpin does. I want to be standing on that rooftop at twilight; with the warm glow of home on my back and the cool evening breeze whispering stories of the city into my ears. 


 Lushpin’s works are a symphony of light and detail, inspired by the works of Edward Hopper, Pieter Bruegel and the Russian Realism School. He was born in Moscow in the 1960s and educated in Russia but the landscapes and rooftops that have become a prominent subject in much of his work depict cities across the world, from Paris to San Francisco. I feel like if I look long and hard enough at one of his paintings, something will come to life and a story will begin.



















Clancy's comment: Absolutely brilliant. Such talent, eh?

I'm ...










6 comments: