4 May 2015 - WISDOM AND DR. SEUSS


WISDOM AND DR. SEUSS

G'day folks,


In 1957, Theodor Seuss Geisel published The Cat in the Hat and would continue to capture our imagination with a total of 46 children's books in the span of his career. 


With whimsical characters and snappy rhymes, Dr. Seuss not only entertained but also offered timeless words of wisdom for young and old alike. 


So here are some of his snappiest …

 On Being Loyal

I meant what I said
And I said what I meant...
An elephant's faithful
One hundred per cent!       
      -Horton Hatches the Egg



On Equality and Justice

I know, up on top
you are seeing great sights,
But down at the bottom
we, too, should have rights.       
      -Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories

On Respecting Your Elders

You must not
hop on Pop.       
      -Hop on Pop

On Life's Mysteries

'Cause you never can tell
What goes on down below!
This pool might be bigger
Than you or I know!       
      -McElligot's Pool



On Diversity

We see them come.
We see them go.
And some are slow.
Some are high.
And some are low.
Not one of them
is like another.
Don't ask us why.
Go ask your mother.       
      -One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

On Facing Up to Adversity

I learned there are troubles
Of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead
And some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat.
I'm all ready, you see.
Now my troubles are going
To have troubles with me!     
      -I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew



On Being True to Yourself

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy
who'll decide where to go.        
      -Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  
Clancy's comment: I know many people who devoured his books. I wasn't one of them, but maybe these will bring back some memories for you.
I'm ...











No comments:

Post a Comment