EDWARD J. CAMPAGNOLA
- GUEST AUTHOR -
Today, I interview an interesting author from the U.S.A.
Welcome, Edward ...
1. TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR WRITING JOURNEY.
Writing was suggested to me for therapy.
2. WHEN AND HOW DID YOU BECOME A WRITER?
I wrote matter of fact accounts or a journal and wanted my children to know and wrote into first person story. I became a writer when I rewrote in narrative.
3. WHAT TYPE OF PREPARATION DO YOU DO FOR A MANUSCRIPT? DO YOU PLAN EVERYTHING FIRST OR JUST SHOOT FROM THE HIP?
From the hip but it was a journal.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
5. WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
For me resources is an issue, I lost 20 hours of great writing on Library computers that didn’t save. I never re-write well if it’s something I lost.
6. WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOU BECAME A WRITER?
7. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST WRITING ACHIEVEMENT?
May Day Speech at 2019 Santa Rosa event. “Directions to the Dumpster”
8. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
Marketing and promoting by myself has me completely overwhelmed
9. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
10. WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?
Socially significant, political
11. DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS?
As a new writer, I’ll have to get back to you.
12. DO YOU SUFFER FROM WRITER’S BLOCK?
13. DO YOU HAVE A PREFERRED WRITING SCHEDULE?
14. DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WRITING PLACE?
Not many options, if I had a home.
15. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN WRITING?
When people tell me I made them feel, think any enlightenment is a joy.
16. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?
Jack Kerouac, I’m a beat.
17. WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED FROM A READER?
I enlightened them.
18. WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT FROM A READER?
Nobody wants to read material that includes drugs.
19. WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?
“Directions to the dumpster” is non-fiction, it’s my true story.
20. OTHER THAN WRITING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?
Women, baseball, arts and entertainment.
21. DID YOU HAVE YOUR BOOK / BOOKS PROFESSIONALLY EDITED BEFORE PUBLICATION?
I wish, I did it myself, it’s obvious.
22. DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.
A day with my children.
23. IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD IT BE? WHY?
Madonna, intelligent, athletic, sings and is sexy.
24. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO SPEAK TO WORLD LEADERS?
Time for “Global Social Democracy”
25. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
A sequel to “Directions to the Dumpster” and carry on with agenda towards “Global Social Democracy”
26. WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON BOOK TRAILERS? DO THEY SELL BOOKS?
27. DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS?
28. DOES THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY FRUSTRATE YOU?
Yes, I have the worst. I took first offer and received better after, sucks.
29. DID YOU EVER THINK OF QUITTING?
30. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE MANUSCRIPT TO WRITE? WHY?
31. HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE ‘SUCCESS’ AS A WRITER.
Work makes people think, feel or do something about topic.
32. WHAT SHOULD READERS WALK AWAY FROM YOUR BOOKS KNOWING? HOW SHOULD THEY FEEL?
Facts matter, educated.
33. WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE YOUR BOOKS MADE INTO MOVIES? EVER WRITTEN A SCREENPLAY?
Yes and No.
34. HOW MUCH THOUGHT GOES INTO DESIGNING A BOOK COVER?
Not much for mine.
35. WHAT’S YOUR ULTIMATE DREAM?
I’m on a deserted island with Modonna. I’m kidding. The ultimate dream is the home where my heart is, with a loving supportive family, my children and someday theirs.
36. WRITING IS ONE THING. WHAT ABOUT MARKETING YOU, YOUR BOOKS AND YOUR BRAND? ANY THOUGHTS?
Disturbed that a socially significant story addressing a growing issue, authored by a homeless man, isn’t a story in itself.
37. ARE YOUR BOOKS SELF-PUBLISHED?
38. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN FIVE WORDS.
I’m evolving moment to moment.
39. WHAT PISSES YOU OFF MOST?
Un-enlightened people, making decisions, aka ignorance.
40. WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THE LAST BOOK YOU READ? GOOD ONE?
I don’t remember
41. WHAT WOULD BE THE VERY LAST SENTENCE YOU’D WRITE?
I did my best.
42. WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPIER THAN YOU ARE NOW? CARE TO SHARE?
See answer #35
43. ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?
Thanks for having me!
Clancy's comment: A pleasure to host you, Edward. Good luck. Keep writing.