'Morning, ladies ... '
A CENTURY IN TIME
Here is a brief summary of the 1900s. Interesting things happened ...
A decade dominated by the first total war, World War I.
- Alexander Fleming Discovers Penicillin
- Charleston Dance Becomes Popular
- Henry Ford Designed the Model T
- Hiter's Attempted Coup
- St. Valentine's Day Massacre
- Stock Market Crash of 1929
- Tomb of King Tut Found
- More About the 1920s
As the Nazis gained power in Germany, the Great Depression ravaged the rest of the world.
- King Edward VIII Abdicated for Love
- Night of Broken Glass
- War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast Causes Panic
- More About the 1930s
While countries from around the world sent troops to Europe to fight World War II, the Nazis continued their blitzkrieg tactics to take over Europe, country by country, while also murdering millions of Jews and Gypsies.
- Anne Frank Goes Into Hiding
- Dewey Defeats Truman
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombed
- Leon Trotsky Assassinated
As families settle down with their TV dinners in front of their new color televisions, the Cold War starts to heat up and the Civil Rights Movements gets underway.
- Castro Becomes Dictator of Cuba
- Disneyland Opens
- Elvis Gyrates on Ed Sullivan's Show
- First Modern Credit Card Introduced
- Hillary and Norgay Climb Mount Everest
- James Dean Dies in a Car Accident
- Laika the Dog Goes Into Space
- Legos First Introduced
- Segregation Ruled Illegal in U.S.
- More About the 1950s
Although hippies tried to counter the violence, millions of Americans and Vietnamese died during the Vietnamese War.
- Beatles Become Popular in the U.S.
- Berlin Wall
- Charles Manson and His "Family" Kill
- First Man on the Moon
As disco, M*A*S*H, and computers emerge on the scene, the American public is shocked with the discovery of the Watergate Scandal.
- Munich Olympics Massacre
- Tangshan Earthquake
- Terracotta Army Discovered in China
- More About the 1970s
At the same time that perestroika and glasnost began to drastically change the Cold War, major natural and man-made disasters occured around the world.
The Cold War comes to a quick and decisive end while the increasing popularity of the Internet begins to open up worldwide communications.Waco Cult Compound Raided