24 June 2019 - SHERRY BRISCOE - GUEST AUTHOR


SHERRY BRISCOE 
- GUEST AUTHOR -

G'day folks,

Today, I interview an exciting author from Idaho, USA.

Welcome, Sherry ...

1.   TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR WRITING JOURNEY.

I grew up on Edgar Allen Poe and Alfred Hitchcock, so to me, episodes of The Twilight Zone made perfectly fine bedtime stories. I love suspense, but not horror.

My writing career started after one year of college when I decided I wanted to travel to Europe instead of study. But I didn’t have any money. So I joined the Army because they were giving guarantees of station. I signed on the dotted line and 30 days later I was on a plane. After a short training stint is South Carolina, I landed in Germany. It was like walking into one of the fairy tale books read to me as a child.

I went to Europe with a blank journal. For two years I travelled all over and wrote about everything. When I came home I had a stack of journals and decided to borrow a typewriter and transcribe them all into one book. And a book it was! Not just about travel, people, castles, and the Austrian Alps. It was the story of a shy insecure girl who found her way in life. And I was hooked! Writing was fun and I never stopped after that.





2.   WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?

I’m currently writing the first book in my new Moonshadows Mysteries series. The title of the first book is The Dividing Line about a small town journalist and a big city cop, and Native American legends coming to life.

3.   WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?

I write suspense with a touch of the paranormal. I also have some new books plotted out, a drama/romance series (Desert Rose Romances), again, with a touch of the supernatural.




4.   WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?

My latest book, The Man In Number 7, takes a lot of my childhood, and the people and places from my early years, and weaves them into a suspense novel. The picture on the cover is one I even took of the house I grew up in, which is the setting for the book. I’m totally in this one!

There are also echoes of me in the main character of Zoey in my first book Mists of Garibaldi ~ Tales Of The Supernatural. It’s hard not to let a little bit of ourselves rub off onto the page.





5.   WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE YOUR BOOKS MADE INTO MOVIES? EVER WRITTEN A SCREENPLAY?

I founded and ran the Idaho Screenwriters Association for 13 years. I would love to see any of my books made into a movie. And I can write the script!


6.    ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?

I’m on the board of the Idaho Writers Guild and teach writing workshops in the community. I love helping other writers find their way.







Clancy's comment: Well done. Thank you, Sherry. Sell heaps of books, and keep helping your writing community.
I'm ...












No comments:

Post a Comment