2 August 2017 - FAMOUS LAST WORDS





FAMOUS LAST WORDS

G'day folks,

Welcome to some more famous last words.


13. Lady Nancy Astor

“Am I dying or is this my birthday?”


14. Edmund Gwenn – Actor

“Yes, it’s tough, but not as tough as doing comedy.”


15. Leonardo da Vinci – Artist

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn’t reach the quality it should have.”


 16. Oscar Wilde – Writer


“Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.”


17. Pancho Villa – Mexican revolutionary

“Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something.”


18. O. Henry (William Sidney Porter) – Writer

“Turn up the lights, I don’t want to go home in the dark.”



19. General John Sedgewick – Union Commander

“They couldn’t hit an elephant at this dist…”


 20. Henry Ward Beecher –  Evangelist


“Now comes the mystery!”


21. Kit Carson – Pioneer

“I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili.”


22. Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. – Actor

“I’ve never felt better.”



23. Ludwig van Beethoven – Composer

“Friends applaud, the comedy is over.”


 24. Ethel Barrymore – Actress


“Is everybody happy? I want everybody to be happy. I know I’m happy.”


25. Thomas Alva Edison – American inventor & businessman

“It is very beautiful over there.”


 26. Edgar Allen Poe – Writer


“Lord help my poor soul.”


27. Theodore Roosevelt – US President

“Put out the light.”


28. George Bernard Shaw – Playwright

“Sister, you’re trying to keep me alive as an old curiosity, but I’m done, I’m finished, I’m going to die.”


29. Benjamin Franklin –  Statesman

“A dying man can do nothing easy.”


30. Emily Dickinson – Poet

“I must go in, the fog is rising.”


 31. John Quincy Adams – US President


“This is the last of earth, I am content.”


32. Stonewall Jackson – General

“Let us cross over the river and sit in the shade of the trees.”


33. Andrew Jackson – US President

“Oh, do not cry – be good children and we will all meet in heaven.”


Clancy's comment: What would you say?

I'm ...















No comments:

Post a Comment