9 March 2016 - QUOTES FROM A FORMER AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER


QUOTES FROM A FORMER
AUSTRALIAN PRIME MINISTER

G'day folks,

Now, before you send me heaps of emails complaining about this post, let me reassure you that this is not a sick joke. No, these are real quotes from a man, Tony Abbott, who led a major political party in this country for five years. He was also Prime Minister for a time. God forbid!



 “Abortion is the easy way out. It’s hardly surprising that people should choose the most convenient exit from awkward situations.” March 17th, 2004

  “While I think men and women are equal, they are also different and I think it's inevitable and I don't think it's a bad thing at all that we always have, say, more women doing things like physiotherapy and an enormous number of women simply doing housework.” 2010

 “The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.” March 17th 2004



“We just can’t stop people from being homeless if that’s their choice.” February 11th, 2010

 “Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.” April 5th, 2010

  “Why isn’t the fact that 100,000 women choose to end their pregnancies regarded as a national tragedy approaching the scale, say, of Aboriginal life expectancy being 20 years less than that of the general community?” March 17th, 2004

“What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up.” February 8th, 2010



  “The climate change argument is absolute crap, however the politics are tough for us because 80 per cent of people believe climate change is a real and present danger.” February 2nd, 2010

 “I won't be rushing out to get my daughters vaccinated [for cervical cancer], maybe that's because I'm a cruel, callow, callous, heartless bastard but, look, I won't be.” November 9th, 2006

 “I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... [their virginity] is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.” January 27th 

“The problem with the Australian practice of abortion is that an objectively grave matter has been reduced to a question of the mother’s convenience.” 2010

 


Clancy's comment: Great leadership, eh? What a bloody role model. What is it with these politicians? Can you believe that the same man is supposedly a devout Catholic, and is married with three adult daughters. Mm ... 

I'm ...










No comments:

Post a Comment