26 October 2021 - MASSIVE PYTHON EATS MASSIVE BAT

 

MASSIVE PYTHON 

EATS MASSIVE BAT

G'day folks,

Australia has some of the deadliest snakes in the world, and also the biggest.

 Carpet Pythons are said to be pretty submissive, but they are enthusiastic eaters, as you can see here. I don’t care how laid back this big snake is, I would stay far away from it knowing it loves to eat. I think the couple who took these photos are pretty safe though since this particular python is currently occupied!

This bat is most likely already dead since pythons are constrictors and suffocate their prey by wrapping themselves around them so tightly they can’t breath and they die.  Yet another reason I don’t like snakes, they are so strong and a python this big would have no problem asphyxiating a human!

Mille Stoevring, the person behind the pictures, said it took over 30 minutes for this snake to swallow the ginormous bat. She said, “It was fascinating to watch it making its way over the bat’s body.”

 

The longest Carpet Python in record was just under 13 feet long! The bat he is devouring is known as a Flying Fox and they are one of the largest bats in the world and their wingspan can be over 10 feet long! A fitting meal for a giant serpent!

 



Clancy's comment: I've never eaten bat, and I doubt I ever will.

I'm ...

 




 

 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Clancy, no wonder I hate snakes. My instincts kick in whenever I see or even think of them.
    Meemee Phipps

    ReplyDelete