FACTS ABOUT STEVE JOBS
I've posted this guy a few times, but I bet you didn't know these facts.
Steven Paul, better known as Steve Jobs, was an American pioneer of the personal computer revolution, and the creator of Apple Inc. Right from the 1970s when he began his innovative discoveries up until his death, he was known by the world, but only well-known by people closest to him. In 2011, after he died, Walter Isaacson, his official biographer, described him as the creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries which included personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.
In twenty quick sentences, this article will tell you some other parts of Job’s life that were not entirely known to the public. They are facts that defined him, and made him unique and unforgettable at the same time.
1. Steve Jobs didn’t have a college degree. He didn’t even plan to go to college because he saw another path to success.
2. When Steve Jobs was CEO of Apple, he withdrew only one dollar annually from Apple’s accounts. However, he was getting compensation from his shares and reimbursements so he could still afford a lavish lifestyle.
3. Steve Jobs’ faith in alternative remedies cost him his life. On his dying bed he regretted not choosing natural and alternative medicines for curing his cancer.
4. Almost every early Mac computer produced by Apple had Steve Jobs’ signature engraved inside. Consumers would not see them without a special tool but would be proud of carrying Job’s signature all around.
6. Steve Jobs’ final words were “OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.” His life was truly “WOW, WOW, WOW” – full of greatness, love and success. Or was he seeing something strange on his death-bed that marveled him?
7. George Lucas sold to Steve Jobs what would become Pixar. The deal was made in 1979 and cost 5 million dollars.
8. Steve Jobs was not a programmer; he never wrote a single line of programming code but his technical people convinced him that programming had to be object-oriented to produce a revolutionary effect.
9. Products made by Apple don’t have a direct off switch because Steve Jobs was afraid of death. He felt once something is “off”, you are gone.
11. Steve Jobs was the majority shareholder of Disney. 7,7% of the Disney common stock belonged to him.
13. Steve Jobs was biologically half Syrian Muslim. He was an adopted child and the name of his biological father was Abdulfattah Jandali. His real mother was an American and her name was Joanne Carole Schieble. The Father of Joanne warned her not to keep the baby and so she put up Steve for adoption.
14. Steve Jobs was a Zen Buddhist by religion. He used to go to India for meditations where he also learnt about simple ways of life.
15. Steve was a pescatarian. He ate fish but didn’t eat meat or any other protein.
17. Steve Jobs was killed by something sharing the same initials with what he invented – PC. He died from Pancreatic Cancer.
18. Steve claimed he was impotent and so denied his first daughter, Lisa. For a while Lisa was raised by her mother on welfare checks.
19. Older Apple laptops used to have the logo upside down. It was not a mistake, but on purpose to satisfy Apple users.
20. Steve Jobs didn’t want his products to be white. But when he was shown “the moon grey white color” by designer Jonathan Ive, he could not help but fall in love with the angelic colour.
Clancy's comment: I applaud his vision, self-belief and drive. Rest in peace, Steve.