- Guest Model -
Here is an interview with someone interesting. This is my first interview with a male model.
Welcome, John ...
TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR MODELLING JOURNEY.
I have been involved in athletics, professional wrestling, fitness & modeling over the years since the age of 19. I have been an image model for dozens of apparel brands, jewelry and supplement companies over the years along with appearing in television documentaries, commercials, art gallery print work and having my likeness used on children’s literature book covers. I have been a spokes model for supplements, companies and apparel brands as far away as Japan and Asia just to name a few. I am also a Physique competitor and a current Romance Novel Cover model as well. I was the most tattooed male romance cover model in the world 2013-2014.
• WHEN AND HOW DID YOU BECOME A MODEL? WHAT AGE WERE YOU?
• I began modeling for fitness brochures and advertisements in my late teens out of the local gyms near Boston, Massachusetts. I just moved on from there into other genres of modeling as time went on.
• WHAT INSPIRED YOU?
• Those who still believed in me & supported me at my worst
• WHAT TYPES OF MODELLING DO YOU DO?
• All types
• WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A FASHION MODEL?
• The positive feedback I have recieved from so many people all over the globe. I am truly humbled when I get comments that compare me to guys like Beckham. Just so honored.
• WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A MODEL?
• The discipline involved with my diet and exercise regimen, it's not for everyone. You have to love it and live it 100%
• WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOU BECAME A MODEL?
• Just enjoying life playing sports and trying to get stronger with the weights for them. As time went on I began to see how supportive all the power lifters and bodybuildres around me were and I quit the sports I was involved with to be welcomed with open arms in their family.
• WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?
• To look back on my life and say I did some things I never dreamed I would ever do but because of hard work and never giving up I achieved the dream.
WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
This past November I was selected for the 2nd time as a featured model in Duemila Magazine of Italy. I would like to personally thank Simone Soldera for believing in me as a model to represent the United States in such a prestigious publication. Being named the official spokesmodel for Sandra Shrewsbury's Addiction Series that campaigns nationwide for awareness against drug addiction is something I am very proud of as well. I was the 2013-2014 most tattooed romance cover model in the world. It was nice to have that title. Regardless of how many tattooed male romance models come along after me, I am proud to say I was the very first guy who broke the tattoo stereotype in the romance world. I paved the way for these guys to showcase their talent to the world where as before they might not have been able to. Looking forward a little bit into the future, 2015 will be a busy year for John Quinlan. I have several Physique competitions as well as a few projects lined up so we will see how they all play out. There is a fitness model reality TV show in the works which I really excited about along with a huge Boston based project set to begin in the spring which I am sworn to secrecy about from agents & lawyers due to copyrights and things of that nature at this time.
I have already been signed on as a featured cover model man of romance at the 2015 Romantic Times Convention in Dallas, TX as well as being invited to appear at several book signings. I have been signed by producer Jillian Bullock to play the character role of Sgt. Jason Garrett, a mixed martial arts instructor, in her 2015 film, 'A Sense of Purpose: Fighting for Our Lives' which is set to begin filming in Philadelphia this summer.
• WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
• The underdog, the guy who people never gave a chance to who, through hard work and determination, proved everyone wrong to do the impossible and be successful.
• DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR EMERGING MODELS?
• Don't give up. You will get your fare share of negativity and rejections. Just keep following your heart and your dreams. It will happen for you if you never give up.
• HOW BUSY IS YOUR LIFE AS A MODEL?
• Busy is the norm for me. I go 24-7 at 7 days per week. People don't realize it is a constant full-time job because you never really have a break. You always have to be on top of your game as a shoot or guest appearance can be scheduled at anytime and you have to be prepared or the powers that be will simply find another model to replace you.
• WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN YOUR PROFESSION?
• Meeting so many amazing people along this journey.
• WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE MODEL AND WHY?
• I admire Beckham as he did so much ith his life and is a great business man.
• IS IT DIFFICULT TO BE A FASHION MODEL IN YOUR COUNTRY?
• It is because there are so many trying to succeed at the same time. I just try and do the very best I can each day and remind myself if I do this success will keep knocking on my door
• WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
"You belong in Hollywood"
• WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
• Can't say, it contained too many bad words. People are crazy, LOL!
HAVE YOU WON ANY PRIZES OR AWARDS?
Coach Models International Model Agency of New York, 2010
VIP Exclusive Fashion Models Company, 2011
Mr. USA Next Man Model of The Year, 2011
HUF Magazine January Male Fashion Model of The Month, 2011
Toot Apparel Image Model, Brand Ambassador and Spokes Model to Japan & Asia via United States, 2011
Diego Barberi Apparel Image Model & Brand Ambassador to Switzerland via United States, 2011
Official Image Model of the Year for No Limits Brand Underwear, 2012
Nutrabolics Supplement Company Image Model & Brand Ambassador, 2012
Athletic Xtreme Supplement Company Image Model, Brand Ambassador & Sponsored Athlete, 2012-2013
Official Alpha Male Underwear Image Model, 2013
Romanticon Convention Romance Cover Model Billboard, 2013
Duemila Magazine of Italy Featured Model, 2013
Official Cover Model of designed Claudia McKinney via PhatPuppyArt, 2013-2014
Most Tattooed Male Romance Cover Model in The World, 2013
Most Tattooed Male Romance Cover Model in The World, 2014
Duemila Magazine of Italy Featured Model, 2014
Elizabeth Grady Company Spokes Model, 2014
Sandra Shrewsbury Drug Awareness Campaign Spokes Model, 2014
Romantic Times Convention Featured Romance Cover Model, 2014
Romantic Times Convention Featured Romance Cover Model, 2015
5x-Time NPC Men's Physique Champion
• WHAT DID THEY MEAN TO YOU?
• They symbolize consistency over time.
• HAVE YOU WORKED OVERSEAS?
• No, but I have been a featured model in Japan and Asia.
• HOW COMPETITIVE IS MODELLING?
• Very, it is a challenging profession. It can open up a lot of doors if you work hard enough and pay your dues.
• OTHER THAN MODELLING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?
• Just enjoying life and my 3 young children. Being a good father is very important to me.
• WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO ALL WORLD LEADERS IF YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY?
• Let's end all the violence and come together in peace to make things work.
• DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.
• Sunny and 80 degrees getting ready for an all-day cookout with the good people in my life. Enjoying good food being surrounded by happiness, that's my perfect day which is like Heaven on Earth.
• WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE? A BUCKET LIST?
• I live for the day as things I have found out in the past that I plan for never happen the way I though. I just try and make every day a good one on the road to whatever success God has in store for me.
• HAVE YOU MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY?
• So many and all so supportive of me. I am truly honoured & humbled by it.
• HOW DO YOU PROMOTE YOURSELF?
• Like most I have social media
• DO YOU MENTOR OTHERS?
• Every day
ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?
Here are some links to learn more about me:
Image Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75617256@N05/sets
Book Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6OmjY9fqk
Clancy's comment: Thank you, John. Wow, sounds like a busy job. Good luck, and happy fourth of July!