18 September 2013 - KIM WHEELER - Guest Author



KIM WHEELER


- Guest Author -

G'day guys,

Today I introduce a very interesting published author and photographer from the UK - KIM WHEELER. Kim had a rough start to life but has pushed on and become a very good writer. I have interviewed Kim using what I call my 'Toppest Questions' which are certainly more riveting. Here is a man who shares my love of the late, and great, Jimi Hendrix.

Welcome, Kim ...




Tell us about you and what you do.



I am, a single, never married (phew), no odious children, fifty nine year old published writer of seven books, photographer and dog rescuer who currently owns two rescue dogs and is currently working on my next book.



What was the happiest moment of your life?



That I had achieved all the goals I had given myself some ten years ago. I set myself some difficult tasks such as becoming an accomplished writer in the hope that one day I would become published, which I am happy to report I am and to be a great photographer of natural beauty.





What was the saddest moment?



There were many, in fact too many to mention but the one that always sticks out in my mind is when I was physically forced from my children’s home, my fingers being aggressively prised away from the only pillar of hope which was my orphanage home which I so desperately clung onto in the slim chance they would let me stay and then being unceremoniously placed onto a bus to be delivered to my new home, sad, frightened and heartbreaking doesn’t come close. Others must include the death of my first rescue dog 'Pod', who without doubt gave me a reason to fight the battle that unbeknown lay ahead, and the death of my brother Jonathan, there are plenty more believe me.



What surprised you most?



The absolute cruelty bestowed on humans and animals by other humans for self and greed and then the absolute beauty the same human has to offer and how unbelievable all my rescue dogs have been in their ability to show me  their unconditional love.



What was your greatest disappointment?



Failing to master the guitar or maybe ... becoming a great sportsman.



Who did you misjudge? Why?



My old friends, as I thought I had a close almost a blood brother agreement that would last a lifetime.



What or who was your biggest challenge?



Facing the many trials of my life, single handed in fear and alone.



What has been your biggest regret?



            No children.



 What would be your dying comment? Why?



“At last, free from pain”...I have often wondered about having no physical pain and the relief of having no more pain would make dying a pleasure..

(or just perhaps ’pull my finger’)



    Who or what stunned you the most?



The absolute jaw dropping, pant wetting, knee knocking bed wetting majestic beauty our Earth and the diversity of life, our oceans and the incredible wonders of the universe.





What would you like written on your tombstone? Why?



“Thank you for the journey; as for why, well because it made me the man that I always wanted to be.”

...although it’s not been an easy journey and one I wouldn’t want to participate in again...it has been one hell of a ride.



Who would you rather have not met? Why?



The inebriated doctor who through lack of giving a flying fxxk, gave me an overdose of a chemical dye injected into my spine  which resulted in Chemical Meningitis which I almost died from, without doubt the worst six days of my life.



Who were you most envious of? Why?



Jimi Hendrix...have you ever heard him play …?



Who did you forgive – for doing something you never thought you’d forgive?



My birth parents



What was your greatest moment in your life?



Well apart from writing this, I guess it would be coming home after a cruel difficult session at the pain clinic to see my first rescue dog Pod who was patiently waiting by the front door tail wagging and smiling, I never know they could smile and I never knew I had so much pent up emotion.



What is your greatest achievement?



Standing up every time I was either pushed or fell down and never ever giving up even when the odds were heavily stacked against me.



What personal traits would you like to have in your next life?



More patience and to be less volatile.



What advice would you give to world leaders?



Stop leading and start understanding that you are the same as me.



What advice would you give to parents today?



Let the children play



Who would you choose to be stuck on a desert island with?



My dogs





Have any heroes? Why? Who?



Yes, Jimi Hendrix, because here is this guy with dark skin living in a white man’s world and racist laws who suddenly appeared and shook it up, outplayed every musician in the world, took songs from some of the best songwriters/musicians in the world, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Cream just to name three and wiped the floor with them using just his teeth and made them better. 

George Best for having the ability to change a dull rain soaked sodden boring game of tediously dull football into the highlight of the year, time and time again without ego or being self obsessed, who just didn’t believe all the hype, the guy was just amazing and bloody honest and Douglas Barder who lost both his legs in a flying accident but stoically carried on without complaint who fought bravely for his country, one of the very few guys I looked up to when I was really down in my shit pit searching for inspiration to start climbing that odious mountain. 



What are the greatest legacies you will leave behind?



Love and patience for all animals but especially unwanted dogs.



What’s lacking in the world today?



Our voice, 99% of us are ruled by the moronic 1%, this has just got to change and I think with luck and the right voices speaking together as one, we shall.



Any pearls of wisdom for the rest of us?



Do not believe a word that vomits from the greedy mouths of politicians.





What would be the last sentence you ever write?



‘To the world, I leave you my memories in the hope that you will not only understand my life but ensure you never ever hurt another living soul for the rest of your days.’



What inspired you most?



To live as long as I possibly can on the incredible and beautiful world.



Who or what made you laugh the most?



British humour as often found on building site’s and Monty Pythons ‘Life of Brian’. Ok I am the messiah, now fxxk off.’....brilliant



What would be your top three chosen careers in your next life?



Musician, sportsman and writer.



What is your prime focus in life today?



To get through each day in peace and to help others who have also fallen over and just need a gentle arm to help them stand again.



Do you have any fear of doing something wrong?



No, I got life pretty much sussed and have great self control, so I don’t often make mistakes but not too bothered if I do occasionally fxxk things up.



If or when you reflect on your past, can you identify any world events that you believe had a significant impact on you?



There really wasn’t any that had a great significance to me but the loss of Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin made me think and think a lot about life, and that they were all twenty seven when they died.





Do you think one can live a purposeful life without knowing the meaning of life?



Oh yes for sure, most people on this planet don’t know what day it is let alone why they are here having a day.



          From your perspective - what is the way forward for the world? 



Remove greed, the love of money, self and ego, share not accumulate wealth, apparently if the top 150 richest people on earth gave one year’s salary it would eradicate starvation, so simple but to greedy and self obsessed to actually do something about it, shame on them.



Imagine that you were given a chance to live again, what will you do first and what will you do differently?

Nothing, this journey has taught me more than I could ever hope for, peace and contentment with nothing, not many can afford that, but I learnt that it is possible.



          Do you have a bucket list? Tell us more.

      Yes and quite some bucket, more like a well. To travel to some of the most  beautiful places on this planet, to see the northern lights, to be close perhaps touch and  swim with whales, to play guitar and write an albums worth of music to my many words, to be able to run again, to fall madly in love perhaps get married, to settle down in an old cottage raising chickens, ducks and rescue more rescue dogs, to save the wolf from the American gun, to close down the NRA, to help restore love and parity on my earth, to empty orphanages and rescue homes of unwanted children and animals, to change the governments rules on dog ownership, to find out if my birth mother remembered me and find out who my father was, to write more books and that my children’s books about Jonny Plumb is made into a movie and..... to laugh every day.



Any great claims to fame?

I know Clancy Tucker as a friend.

           Anything you’d like to add?



I just hope there is life after this life, I honestly believe that when we die here, we wake up somewhere else with all our newly found knowledge intact and that we get to meet our lost friends and pets, to be reunited with all my dogs actually brings a tear to my eyes as I write, they have been alone for far too long. I would also like to thank Clancy for allowing me a voice and platform to share my deepest and honest emotions....Kim





Website: 




Clancy's comment: Kim has just been offered a contract for "The Battle Scarred Journey" by Total Recall Publishers. Go, Kim! Love your book covers and your website ... and your ability to rise above the froth of life. 

Now, go check out Kim's photography:

http://www.kimwheeler.co.uk/photography.html









Love ya work!

I'm ...







Think about this!




No comments:

Post a Comment