24 January 2013 - GREAT ADVICE


  GREAT ADVICE

"First I was dying to finish my high school and start college. And then I was dying to finish college and start working. Then I was dying to marry and have children. And then I was dying for my children to grow up. Then I was dying see them marry and have children. Then I was dying to retire. And now I’m dying,  and suddenly I realized I FORGOT TO LIVE!


Don’t let this happen to you. Appreciate your present situation. Enjoy each day."


Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

Don’t take life too seriously. It’s too short to live the same day twice!! It isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself! 

Appreciate and enjoy every moment of your life.

Don’t ask for life happiness on condition. Happiness can be felt only if you don’t set any conditions."



Clancy's comment: What can I say? I have always had great respect for two groups in our world - the young and our elders. Both require our support and encouragement. The rest of us are big enough and ugly enough to look after ourselves, but do we?

I used to spend a lot of time with holocaust survivors. One of them, Martin, was a beautiful man. He was then 89 years-of-age and one day I asked him what had caused him the most grief. His answer, was quick, sharp and unexpected, 'Things that never happened.' 

I'm ...










1 comment:

  1. Clancy, how true! Sometime in my life I realized that I would much rather regret doing something and have it turn out wrong than regret never doing something and never knowing how it might be. Still live that way! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete