13 July 2017 - SOME FAMOUS LAST WORDS SPOKEN




SOME FAMOUS
LAST WORDS SPOKEN

G'day folks,


Life is a struggle, and so is death for some people. The last thing anyone wants to do on his dying bed is to regret a life already spent and to exit the earth without saying a notable word. Most people on their dying beds mutter one or two things before they take their final breath and these words are said spontaneously. 

Death does not give anyone time to gather the best last words to say but there are several of these words by famous people that appear poetic, and scripted – some of the words are funny and others motivating. Death came to these historical figures listed here, in their bed, on the battle field or somewhere they didn’t expect it to come,  but they were able to say something distinct that is worth including in this list of best Last Words.


1. Louis XIV – King of France
“Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?”

2. Errol Flynn – Actor
“I’ve had a hell of a lot of fun and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.”

3. Humphrey Bogart –  Actor
“I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.”

4. Winston Churchill – Statesman
“I’m bored with it all.”

5. Jesus Christ – Savior of the world
“Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.”

 6. Lou Costello – Comedian

“That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.”

7. Karl Marx – Revolutionary
“Go on, get out – last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.”

8. Eugene O’Neill – Writer
“I knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room – and God damn it – died in a hotel room.”

9. James K. Polk – US President
“I love you Sarah. For all eternity, I love you.”

10. Amelia Earhart –  Last radio communiqué before her disappearance.
“Please know that I am quite aware of the hazards. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.”

11. Voltaire – Philosopher
“Now, now, my good man, this is not time for making enemies.”

 12. Anna Pavlova – Ballerina

“Get my swan costume ready.”


Clancy's comment: Interesting. Ever thought about what you'd say? I have.

I'm ...









No comments:

Post a Comment