3 June 2015 - ANIMATED GIF


ANIMATED GIF
G'day folks,
From time to time I have used many animated gifs on my posts. You can see one above. I love them. So, what are they?

An animated GIF is an image encoded in graphics interchange format (GIF),which contains a number of images or frames in a single file and is described by its own graphic control extension. The frames are presented in a specific order in order to convey animation. An animated GIF can loop endlessly or stop after a few sequences.

The GIF design allows users to define new blocks. In the 1990s, Netscape designed the Netscape Application Block, which indicates that the file is an animation and not a static image. This was first supported in Netscape 2.0 and spread to other browsers. It is still in wide use today. 
Mm ... A bit technical for me. Anyway, here are some examples. Enjoy ...
























































Clancy's comment: Now you know why I use them. They add life to a blog. Brilliant, eh?


I'm ...






















No comments:

Post a Comment