29 August 2012 - Famous Faces


Copyright - Clancy Tucker (c)


Quote of the day:

"Don't sweat the small stuff"


G'day guys,


Today you can see some famous faces and some quotes behind their works. Ever wondered what they looked like? Here you go. Notice the way they are dressed, the size of their working desk, their pencils and pens dipped in ink, and the good old typewriters. Mm ... I wrote my first three short stories on a typewriter. Then computers arrived, bought one and let it sit on my study desk for three days before I turned it on. I've never looked back.



John Steinbeck



Anton Checkov


"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass"



Stephen King 



G K Chesterton


"I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice,


and then going away and doing the exact opposite."



Elmore Leonard


"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."



James Patterson


"I'm always pretending that I'm sitting across from somebody.


I'm telling them a story, and I don't want them to get up until it's finished."



Ernest Hemingway


"There is nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."



Edgar Allen Poe


"A short story must have a single mood and every sentence must build towards it."



Elmore Leonard


"I try to leave out the parts that people skip."



Ernest Hemingway



George Orwell


"Never use a long word where a short one will do."



Kurt Vonnegut


"Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for."



F. Scott Fitzgerald


Thank you gentlemen for hours of great reading. - CT


Question: have you read any books written by the above authors?


Keep writing!


I'm Clancy Tucker


www.clancytucker.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment