28 September 2020 - NIMROD SCHIF - GUEST ARTIST AND ILLUSTRATOR




NIMROD SCHIF 
- GUEST ARTIST AND ILLUSTRATOR -

G'day folks,

Today, I interview my first guest from  Israel.

Welcome, Nimrod ...



1.  TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR ARTISTIC JOURNEY.

My name is Nimrod Schiff, I am an artist and illustrator from Israel. My artistic journey began in a very young age, of 6 years old.... Or maybe even earlier... It began with my need to express my vast imagination. And I expressed it through drawings.

2.  WERE YOU GOOD AT DRAWING AS A KID?

It's hard for me to testify, but others thought so. From a very young age, my drawings were exhibited at various exhibitions throughout Tel Aviv.

3.  WHEN AND HOW DID YOU BECOME AN ARTIST?

Despite all this, only at nineteen I began to see myself as an artist. But not in the traditional sense of the word. I see myself as a storyteller that uses drawings, words and photos to tell his stories.

4.  WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING AN ARTIST?

I enjoy the escapism that my art provides me. My reality is full of worries and concerns. And the reality that I create in my drawings and stories allows me to disengage from everything. Examine things from another point, laugh at them, or fantasize about other possibilities. (some are surrealistic).





5.  WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING AN ARTIST?

There are many good artists around the world today and as a result the competition is greater than before. And because of this diversity it is difficult to stand out and easy to disappear within the sea of creators.

6.  DO YOU WORK FOR YOURSELF, OTHERS OR BOTH?

I work for myself, occasionally I get paid jobs from others.

7.  WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOU BECAME AN ARTIST?

I do not believe in past life and know no other life except the life of a creator and artist.





8.  WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT?

I haven't reached it yet.


10.   WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEDIUM?

My favourite mediums are ... Twitter and WordPress blogs.

11.   WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

Lots of things just about everything. I will list the five main things: my wife, things I experience, TV series, books and comics.





12.   WHAT DO YOU PREFER TO PAINT OR ILLUSTRATE?

Illustration. I feel much freer when I illustrate.

13.   DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR EMERGING ARTISTS?

Don't give up, keep creating.


14.   DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE TO WORK?

Because of my lifestyle I have no preferences. I can write and draw anywhere and anytime in almost any situation.






WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE ILLUSTRATOR?

Charles M. Schultz the creator of peanuts, due to his way of expressing ideas and stories with very simple illustrations. And Charles Adams the creator of the Adams family, because of his original black humour.

15.   WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?

There was a time when I stopped posting my duck illustrations. Someone from England contacted me via Twitter. She told me how much she loved and missed my illustrations.

16.   WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED?

In college, I had a teacher who made me his target. During a whole semester, he preached to me that I could not draw and I needed to find another job.

17.   WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?

Always.






18.   OTHER THAN DRAWING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?

Writing, I write Flash fiction.

19.   WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO ALL WORLD LEADERS IF YOU HAD THE OPPORTUNITY?

Stop thinking only about yourself or only about your own countries. Because of the new global threats. Our world leaders should think globally and not from their narrow point of view.


20.   WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?

I am planning to create a graphic novel; I am currently in preparation stages of this project.



BLOG 1

BLOG 2



Clancy's comment: Well done, Nimrod. Keep going.

I'm ...








No comments:

Post a Comment