17 September 2019 - DIMITAR DIMITROV - GUEST AUTHOR, BLOGGER AND JOURNALIST


DIMITAR DIMITROV
- GUEST AUTHOR, BLOGGER AND JOURNALIST -

G'day folks,

Today, I welcome a multi-talented person, and my first guest from Bulgaria.

Welcome, Dimitar ...

1.   TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR BLOG’S JOURNEY.
I started my blog for best new music, music charts and statistics at https://dimitaralekseevdimitrov.wordpress.com/ in 2015 and named it Best Music Media and Info.

2.   WHAT IS THE AIM OF YOUR BLOG?
To provide basic information about the best new music worldwide.

3.   WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO CREATE A BLOG?
My 30 years-old interest in popular music.

4.   WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
I wrote my first book in 2006 when I was 30. It was based on my translations of Ancient Egyptian texts from 4000 years ago. I like to think of myself as an independent scholar/author. Since then, I discovered several more interesting research areas – Pagan Europe BC, early Christian architecture, and History of North America. And the number of my books grew up to eight… 

I enjoy everything about being an independent scholar/author! My favourite movie character is Indiana Jones. And my work is almost the same, only without the gun shooting… Every time when I’m amazed by an interesting subject – I make some research in ancient books and I put the information on paper. I arrange it in such way that it could be understandable and useful for the readers and for everyone who might have interest. I like this process. It brings meaning to my existence. And there are lot of discoveries during the writing, I learn more, which is always fascinating!




5.   WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A WRITER?
Not much appreciation by the contemporary publishing houses. I really cannot understand why they are ready to publish so much pulp fiction or 50 shades of gray-type of “literature”, but they have no interest in preserving their own history and the ancient knowledge of our ancestors…

6.   WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOUR BLOG?
Student. I worked in fast food coffee shop and I even fixed rooftops.

7.   WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT PROMOTING OTHERS?
I’m kind of expert in popular music - I gather albums, magazines, charts and CDs since many, many years. So when I promote what I think is really worthy of listening to – I know what I’m doing.  Also, I think it’s good for the ears of the mass audience when I’m pointing out what is the best in the art of music. And, of course, the good professionals among the musicians should be encouraged! And that’s exactly why I’m doing my blog - because I’m able to know the good musician when I hear him, or her.

8.   WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I’m making the weekly chart on my blog. In the same time, I’m editing my 8th book – “Chronological History of the USA” and translating my article called “New Theory About Stonehenge: Stonehenge - Royal Palace”, because I want to see it published in England. 

9.   WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Mostly – women. Also – forests. And, of course – to have many readers and good commentaries about my works.

10.                ARE YOU A WRITER?
I’m whole lot more than that – I’m an independent scholar/published author/journalist/music critique and blogger.

11.                WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?
History, Archaeology, Mythology, and ancient religions and cults. Non-fiction stuff. 




12.                DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS?
Writing is a quest, it’s an adventure! If you’re doing it for the money - better open groceries store…

13.                DO YOU SUFFER FROM WRITER’S BLOCK?
Sometimes I lose hope when the publishing takes too long… But blocks – no. Nothing can stop me from doing what I love.

14.                DO YOU HAVE A PREFERRED WRITING SCHEDULE?
Three hours every day.

15.                DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WRITING PLACE?
My room. Cause I still cannot afford an ancient mansion in western England, which would definitely would be the right place for me.

16.                WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN WRITING?
When I see my work published.

17.                WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?
J. R. R. Tolkien. Because his genius is the only one who can write an epic with a taste of an ancient myth/legend and with a positive outro.
 



18.                WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED FROM A READER OF YOUR BLOG?
That I’m a genius in what I’m doing. That my work is a worthwhile contribution to sciences. Etc, etc…

19.                WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT FROM A READER?
I didn’t received any bad comments, so far. Knock on woods to keep it this way.

20.                WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?
Yes. At first, I wrote about what I studied in the colleges. Now I’m writing about the locations that I love and dream of.

21.                OTHER THAN WRITING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?
Eating chocolate and watching movies with mom at home. Walks in our local forest. Reading good fantasy books and scientific books and papers.

22.                IF YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
You should really give money to the poor! And you should really start thinking with your own brains…




23.                DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.
Nine hours sleep. Beef burger with egg, vitamins and Jacob’s espresso for breakfast. Walk in the woods. Tarator and musaka (our local Bulgarian cuisine) for lunch. Work. Reading in the afternoon. Two light cigarettes and a good movie after dinner.

24.                WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSETS AS A WRITER?
Maybe it is the love for ancient history that I have.

25.                IF YOU WERE STUCK ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH ONE PERSON, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE? WHY?
Mom. I don’t trust people. I’ve been lied to too many times…

26.                WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?
To do exactly the same, until I get enough money to buy a small house in England or US. Or, why not – Australia!

27.                WHAT FIVE BOOKS WOULD YOU TAKE TO HEAVEN?
The Lord of The Rings and The Silmarillion by Tolkien, The Chronicles of Amber by Zelazny, and some short-stories of Lovecraft. Oops, more than five volumes… But otherwise – it wouldn’t be Heaven…

28.                ANYTHING YOU’D LIKE TO ADD?
Only – thank you very much for this opportunity to express myself and to share a piece of me with the readers of your blog! It’s been a pleasure and I hope I was useful. I wish you lot of success in your work and happiness in your personal life!








Clancy's comment: Many thanks, Dimitar. I share your interest in ancient history. Keep blogging. Love ya work!

I'm ...










No comments:

Post a Comment