6 October 2012 - Young Guest - 'JS'


Floating Market


*


Quote of the day:

"And in the end the love you take


is equal to the love you make."


*



G'day guys,


Today I introduce a fine young man from South East Asia - 'JS'. This young guest lives in Bangkok, Thailand and I'm very grateful to him. He and his mother helped me to prepare my next book - powerful story of a young Thai girl I met many years ago. 'JS' is very talented. He speaks fluent English, is studying in his last year of school, attends military school, is well traveled and is also a top musician. Welcome, 'JS'. Tell us more ...


*


YOUNG GUEST - 'JS'


*


*


'JS', TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOU – GENDER, AGE AND PERSONALITY.


             I am male, 17 years old. I would describe myself as easy-going, easy to get along with, and friendly.


 WHICH COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN?


               I live in Thailand.


 HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR FAMILY?


               I would describe my family as being warm and caring.


 DO YOU LIVE IN A CITY, RURAL, BEACHSIDE, HIGH-RISE OR DESERT AREA?


               I live the city, in Bangkok.


 DO YOU ATTEND A PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT SCHOOL?


               I attend a private school called Ruamrudee International School.


 WHAT YEAR ARE YOU CURRENTLY ATTENDING?


               I am in grade 12/ year 13.


 IS IT AN ALL GIRLS / BOYS SCHOOL, OR CO-ED?


               It is a co-ed school.



Copyright Clancy Tucker (c)


WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT SCHOOL?


               What I like about school is that I get to see my friends every day, and do fun things with them. What I dislike about school is having to wake up quite early and go home quite late every day because it’s quite tiring.


 WHAT SUCKS MOST ABOUT THE TEACHERS?


               Some of them are biased towards particular students. It’s sometimes quite obvious.


 HAVE YOU BEEN BULLIED AT SCHOOL? BRIEFLY, WHAT HAPPENED?


               I’ve never really been bullied, but I get joked around by my friends all the time, it’s normal.


 DO YOU HAVE A PART-TIME JOB AFTER SCHOOL?


               No, I do not have a part-time job after school.


 WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND AND WHY?


               My best friend is called Bogus. I have known him since 8th grade because we shared a lot of things in particular, such as taste in music, and many other things. He is my best friend because we’ve never really been apart, and he genuinely a nice guy.


 IS RELIGION IMPORTANT TO YOUR DAILY LIFE? WHY?


               A lot of Thais consider religion to be a very important factor in their lives and I agree, although I do not really practice my religion that much.



WHAT OTHER INTERESTS DO YOU HAVE – SPORT, HORSE-RIDING, READING, MUSIC? TELL US MORE.


               I love music. Music is a very big part in my life. Without music, my life would be a lot different from now, and I don’t think I can live without music in my daily life.


 IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO BE WHATEVER YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?


               I would love to be in a professional band. It must be amazing doing what I love doing the most as my own job. That would be very special!


 ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT?


               Yes, although it’s not really in my interests, but it’s obvious that the world needs to take care of the earth more, because nature is deteriorating day by day.


 HAVE YOU TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR OWN COUNTRY? WHERE?


               Yes I have. I have travelled to Hungary, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, and India.


 IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO SAY SOMETHING TO ALL WORLD LEADERS, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?


               End all the fighting please! Let us live in total peace!



WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?


               My primary plan right now is mostly about college. Since I am graduating at the end of this school year, it is very important to plan things right when I have the chance to.


 WHAT WORRIES YOU MOST?


               What worries me the most right now is again, college. It must be a big life-changing step in my life, and I want to do it right.


 DO YOU THINK BEING A PARENT IS A TOUGH JOB?


               Yes, it must be a very tough job because taking care of your own children, let alone one child.


 DO YOU EVER STAND UP FOR YOURSELF OR THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS?


               Yes I do, I think that everyone deserves to have rights of their own.


 WHO DO YOU ADMIRE MOST? WHY?


               I can’t pick one particular person, but I admire people who are very diverse in what they do or believe. It shows that they are not a one-dimensioned person. Personally I think that would be very boring.



DO YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS (Twitter, Internet, MSN, Yahoo, Skype, emails & Facebook) TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS?


               Yes of course! This is the age to be using all those social website isn’t it? Although I only use Facebook and Twitter.


 DO YOU THINK POLITICIANS AND WORLD LEADERS ARE DOING A GOOD JOB?


               I personally don’t have a lot of faith in politicians, but some of the world leaders are very admirable, such as Nelson Mandela.


 WHAT INSPIRES YOU THE MOST?


               What inspires me the most is passion. I believe that we should be passionate about everything we like. Without passion, there wouldn’t be any excitement.


 WHAT, OR WHO, HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR LIFE? WHY?


               My father has been the biggest influence in my life. He has shown me how honesty can win a lot of trust in people. I personally dislike people who are unfaithful and deceitful. I believe that if I do good things, they will come in return.



Copyright Clancy Tucker (c)


DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.


               My perfect day would be any day that would make me happy. I am not a very particular person. If anything makes me happy, it would be a perfect day for me.


 DO YOU READ BOOKS?


               Yes, I do! I love reading books, although time is against me sometimes.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK? WHY?


               My favourite book is ‘Angela’s Ashes’ by Frank McCourt. It is a true story, which describes how a young Irish lad is having to adapt to his many hardships in life. The book is very inspiring because it has taught me that it is not easy to win things in your life.


  WHAT WAS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?


               I can’t recall the worst thing that happened to me. If bad things happen in my life, I will surely be depressed, but I know that sooner or later I have to move on and live my life, not having to dwell on the past.


 WHAT WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU?


               The best thing that has happened to me was getting to see my favourite guitarist playing a live concert in the city I live. It was truly breath taking!


 WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE?


               I would participate in ‘Peace One Day’, started by Jeremy Gilley. It is a very interesting campaign, you should go check it out!


  DO YOU THINK MUCH ABOUT WORLD POVERTY, REFUGEES, ASYLUM SEEKERS AND HOMELESS PEOPLE?


               Yes, sometimes. I believe that poverty and refugees are big issues concerning the world.



Copyright Clancy Tucker (c)


DO YOU DO ANY CHARITABLE WORK?


               No, not really. But I would love to if I have a chance to!


 WHAT, OR WHO, ANNOYS YOU MOST?


               I hate liars, and deceitful people. I do not know why these kinds of people exist. They must be ashamed of themselves.


 WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR?


               I can’t recall any recent big achievements, but to graduate high school is certainly a big step in my life.


 HAVE YOU WON ANY PRIZES AND AWARDS? TELL US MORE.


               I got a silver in sprinting, if that counts, but it was a long time ago.


 DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE? WHERE?


               My favourite place is home, where I live, because there’s no place like home!


 DO YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS?


               Yes, many, but I’ve gotten over them quite quickly.


 WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?


               My biggest fear revolves around spiders and heights. I simply cannot stand them!


 WHAT DO YOU MOST LOOK FORWARD TO?


               I’m looking forward to graduating and starting my university life. It must be very exciting!


*


Clancy's comment: Thanks, 'JS'. Great to have you as my guest. Good luck in your exams. Keep playing your music - CT!


I'm ...



*


No comments:

Post a Comment