17 November 2014 - THAI SNAKES


THAI SNAKES

G'day folks,

Welcome to the world of Thai snakes. Thailand has a plethora of snakes, and I've seen many of them over the years. Most are beautiful, but also deadly. The King Cobra is the biggest venomous snake on the planet, and they get to nearly 7 metres in length. Their length isn’t the scary part, it’s the amount of venom they can inject with one bite – which can kill an elephant or a buffalo. A friend I had was killed by a bite to the chest while doing a snake show with a king cobra, and he died in less than 10 minutes. Kings are rather slow to bite, but if you are within striking distance, they might feel threatened enough to strike. Now, check out some of the other snakes that live in Thailand, courtesy of some great photographers.






















Death Adder
























Clancy's comment: Beautiful, eh? However, I've been confronted by a few of these over the years. On two occasions I drove over a mighty python as it slowly slithered across a major road. By the way, they were so long I did not see their head or tail. Also, on two other occasions I unknowingly picked up a death adder whilst clearing a site. Fortunately, I was not bitten. Man, both times I thanked Buddha for sparing me. And, I took a deep breath and had a beer to celebrate my good fortune.



Oh, the main character in 'Pa Joe's Place', Boo, admires snakes. She is also bitten by a golden tree snake whilst fishing with Pa Joe, but she survives. Grab a copy and read about it. It's an exciting part of the story. Don't be shy. Head to the top right-hand corner of this page and grab a copy - signed paperback or e-Book. Trust me. You won't regret it. It is 316 pages that will make you feel alive.


I'm ...









Think about this - and act!


No comments:

Post a Comment