22 August 2019 - JOHN J. QUINLAN - GUEST ACTOR AND MODEL


JOHN J. QUINLAN
 - GUEST ACTOR AND MODEL -

G'day folks,

Today, I ask some fairly direct questions to a man I've interviewed before, but he's come a long way since then.

Welcome John J. ....


1.   Tell us about you and what you do.

I am an actor and model. Over the years I earned the nickname, Stoneface, from all the people who say I never smile.



2.   What was the happiest moment of your life?

The birth(s) of my 3 children.



3.   What was the saddest moment?

The death of my maternal grandfather.



4.   What surprised you most?

How many people over the years I have inspired.



5.   What was your greatest disappointment?

The feeling of failing, I’ve been there many times.



6.   Who did you misjudge? Why?

Many guys in the gyms over the years who I later became great friends with.



7.   What or who was your biggest challenge?

Learning to see good things in myself that others tell me they see in me.






8.   What has been your biggest regret?

Not being there for my paternal grandmother more before she died because I was so consumed with my projects.



9.   What would be your dying comment? Why?

Never give up on anything you truly believe in.



10.               Who or what stunned you the most?

How fast my 3 children are growing up.



11.               What would you like written on your tombstone? Why?

It is a quote that is completely my own and truly defines my life, “I don’t ever recall being the best at anything in my life, I’m just one of the hardest workers”



12.               Who would you rather have not met? Why?

All those people when I was a kid who promised me great things only to be disappointed every time they never worked out. 



13.               Who were you most envious of? Why?

Anyone I saw as a kid who seemed to never have to work hard and things “just came naturally” to them.



14.               Who did you forgive – for doing something you never thought you’d forgive?

A guy who I got into a fight with while I was working as a doorman in one of the Boston nightclubs. 






15.               What was your greatest moment in your life?

  The first time my first born son said, “I love you.” 



16.               What is your greatest achievement?

There is no 1 greatest achievement, my greatest achievements are the ones that bring me that great feeling of “I did it.” That moment of realizing I just achieved something I've been working at for so very long. 



17.               What personal traits would you like to have in your next life?

Perseverance, humility, kindness 



18.               What advice would you give to world leaders?

Practice what you preach.



19.               What advice would you give to parents today?

Communicate with your kids, keep that line of communication open 24-7.



20.               Who would you choose to be stuck on a desert island with?

Tom Hanks, look how well he survived on his desert island in the movie Cast Away!



21.               Have any heroes? Why? Who?

I have 2 heroes, my maternal grandfather Bill Hafner because he was the perfect gentleman and Jerry Rice because he was one of the hardest workers.



22.               What is the greatest legacy you will leave behind?

I never quit anything, I always finished strong.



23.               What’s lacking in the world today?

Acceptance of all people equally regardless of race, color, creed, gender and sexual orientation. 



24.               Any pearls of wisdom for the rest of us?

Treat people the way you want to be treated.



25.               What would be the last sentence you ever write?

God Bless The Masses.



26.               What inspired you most?

Stories involving the underdog who overcame extreme adversity to beat the odds and become victorious. 






27.               Who or what made you laugh the most?

Growing up I loved Eddie Murphy, priceless!



28.               What would be your top three chosen careers in your next life?

Professional athlete, the boss of my own company, private investigator



29.               What is your prime focus in life today?

To be the very best person I can be so my kids proudly say, “that was my dad.”



30.               Do you have any fear of doing something wrong?

Having the feeling of being afraid to fail just a bit is a good thing because it will force you to properly prepare so it won’t happen. 



31.               If or when you reflect on your past, can you identify any world events that you believe had a significant impact on you?

September 11th, the evil that took place that day enforced my belief that one's life can be over in a blink at any moment so live life the best you can.



32.               Do you think one can live a purposeful life without knowing the meaning of life?

 I think if one is a good person and is happy in his / her life no matter what will be a purposeful one.



33.                From your perspective - what is the way forward for the world? 

A world free of judgement, jealousy and hate.



34.               Imagine that you were given a chance to live again, what will you do first and what will you do differently?

Stand on a beach and take in the ocean air and thank God at that moment for the gift of life. I would make sure I spent some time quality time with loved ones so when they pass I no longer will live with the feeling of regret.



35.                Do you have a bucket list? Tell us more.

At the top of my bucket list is to visit Ireland, heard it’s really a great place.



36.               Any great claims to fame?

I let my peers do that.



37.               Anything you’d like to add?

Thank you Clancy Tucker for interviewing me, it was my pleasure.










Clancy's comment: Go, John, J! It's been a pleasure, and thanks for the frank answers. 

I'm ...









2 comments: