20 August 2018 - JUNE 'JOE' BOYD - GUEST AUTHOR





JUNE 'JOE' BOYD 
- GUEST AUTHOR -

G'day folks,

Today, I interview a man from the USA who writes inspiring stuff.

Welcome, Joe ...


                   
 
1.     Tell us about yourself and your writing journey? 

Hi I’m Joe I’m 54 yrs.old I’m from Worthington a small town in Indiana. I have 3 children and 3 granddaughters I’ve been writing since the age of 6 yrs. I wrote a poem I took it to my mom showed it to her then she showed my grandma that next Sunday it was in the church bulletin yes it embarrassed the heck out of me. But when I showed my mom I had told her I wrote it for Willie Nelson to put to music and sing it for me all these years later and I’ve never met him .That poem is in my book “A Spiritual Awakening .
2.     When and how did you become a writer?  

I guess I became a writer 5 years ago when I got my first book  "A  Spiritual Awakening” out but I’ve  been writings since I was 6 yrs.
Old and the How  not sure it just happens 
3. What type of preparation do you do for a manuscript? Do you plan everything first or just shoot from the hips? 

    I don’t  ever really prepare myself  for manuscripts I just do it. 

   4.What do you enjoy most about being a writer?     
 I guess the satisfaction after finishing a book .
5.  
   What is the hardest thing  about being a writer? 

      Actually  I don’t find anything about it hard it’s just something that I always do I think if it was that hard I wouldn’t be able to do it. 
6.     What were you in your past life, before you became a writer? 

I don’t know I’ve done it my whole life, I can’t imagine anything else but a writer.




7. What is your greatest writing achievement? 

I would say getting my first book out 

8. What are you working on at the moment? 

I’m working on my action book my third A Spiritual
Awakening ,and whatever comes to mind when I wake up in the morning also I’m writing to biographies of two champion boxers 

9.What inspires you? 

Talking to other authors someone who is in the writing world 

 11.Do you have any tips for new writers?
 
 Keep the faith and never give up on your dreams 

12.Do you suffer from writers block?  

So far that’s never been a problem since I’ve been writing my whole life let’s hope that never happens
13.Do you have a preferred writing schedule?  

No I just write when I can  

14. Do you have a preferred writing place? 

Not really in Arizona I use to go up on a mountain and white I loved it there and peaceful 

15. What is your greatest joy in writing? 

That would be the completion of what I’m working on
16.Who is your favorite author? Why? 




 17.  What was the greatest compliment you received from a reader?  
 
That they thought my stories pulled you in as if they were there 

18.  What’s the worse compliment you got from a reader?
I’ve never had a bad review on any of my stories which it’s an inspirational book maybe I don’t know. 

19.  Writers are sometimes influenced by things that happened in their own lives are you? 



21.Did you have your book/books professionally edited before publication? 

Well my publishers do all the editing so I guess that’s professionally
22.  Describe your perfect day. 

When I finish something I’ve started would be my perfect day
23.  If you were stuck on a desert island with one person who would that be? 

Willie Nelson hands down been in love with him since I was 5 yrs. old  




24.  What are your plans for the future?  

My plans are to get all my books out and making the best sellers list, keep on writing and come up with new stories 

25.  What are your views on book trailers? Do they sell books? 

I believe that it’s very good marketing and it could only help the sales not hurt it in anyway and marketing is a huge factor in selling your books
27. Do you see yourself in any of your characters? 

I guess you could say that I feel when I’m writing I am every character I live the story
28.  Does the publishing industry frustrate you? 

Yes in a way especially when you need to talk to them it’s hard to get them to answer their phone or call you back what isn’t of importance to them it is to me 
29.  Do you ever think of quitting? 

No never I don’t think my mind would let me I’ve have new things in my head everyday
30.  What was your favorite manuscript to write? 

 I guess that would be my first one A Spiritual Awakening 

31.  How would you describe success? 

When you get to the point where your books are making money not costing money 




32.  What should readers walk away from your books knowing? 

That it’s a life changer, and they are inspired 

33.  Would you like to have your books made into movies? 

Of course who wouldn’t? 

34.  How much thought goes into a book cover? 

Actually quite a bit the cover is a very important part of books
The saying never judge a book by its cover well they do when I see books that’s the first thing I look at 
35.What is your ultimate dream? 

For all my books to be on the best sellers list and some into movies  

36.  Writing is one thing but marketing you your books your brand?
Any thoughts? 

Like I said before market plays a huge part in your sales of books if you don’t market them you won’t have too many sells  

37.  Are your books self-published? 

No I have contracts for my publishers to do that part  

38.  Describe yourself in five words. 

Persistent,honest,loyal,caring, busy
39.  What pisses you off most?  

When someone reads my poems or stories wrong and butchers my meaning of it 

40.  What is the title of the last book you read? 

I don’t read very often so probably The Green Mile 




41.  What would be the last sentence you would write?  

The End . Written by: Joe Boyd
Or To be continued 

42.  What would make you happier than you are now? 

To have these books done and out of my head to make room for more 

43.  Anything you would like to add? 

I also write music and am working on getting my music out there. Thank you for inviting me to your blog have a blessed day
                               Joe


Clancy's comment: Thank you, Joe. Best wishes with your book sales. Keep writing.

I'm ...




          




   

    

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment