25 January 2018 - STILL LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY


STILL LIFE 
PHOTOGRAPHY

G'day folks,

Cameras are almost a thing of the past now that we have mobile phones, which do take a great photo by the way. However, I love having a magnificent piece of engineering in my hand, and normally it's always a Nikon. So, what is still life? Sounds like some people I've worked with from time to time. But, generally it is as per this definition: A still life (plural: still lifes) is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects are either natural (food, flowers, dead animals, plants, rocks, shells, etc.) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, etc.).

Now, check out these fine samples:













































Clancy's comment: I've just finished landscaping my courtyard and it includes two water features. Mind you, in a year's time I might need a machete to get around. Throughout the courtyard I have a plethora of potted plants of all types, colours and leaf shape. I will include a few shots of it at the end of this post. However, I often head out there at different times of the day to capture a snap of some leaf with the sun shining on it. But, here's a tip for you. Often I'm sneaky, and I spray a flower or leaf with a spray bottle of water. The end result is often staggering. Yep, it's a bit like writing novels. Look outside the box. 

 MAIN WATER FEATURE AS SEEN FROM MY KITCHEN





 A PALM FERN

 AH, THE SYMBOLISM OF A WRITER. I FOUND THIS AT A GARAGE SALE BUT I KNEW THE GUY HAVING THE SALE AND HE GAVE IT TO ME FOR FREE.






LEAF AND FLOWER WITH FINE MIST SPRAY






I'm ....










No comments:

Post a Comment