THINGS THAT MAKE US HAPPY
Life is full of problems and challenges, and sometimes we forget the simple pleasures that not only make life worth living but do actually make us feel happy, for a second, a minute or an hour. There are thousands of things that make us happy, but since you probably don't have all day, here is a simple list of simple things that make us happy. No doubt, you can add some more of your own.
"When I was little, I was asked to write down what I'd like to be when I got older. I wrote: Happy"
When they told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life."
Things that Make Us Happy:
1. Knowing we did the right thing.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. Watching your child doing something you taught them.
5. A special look that touches you for a second.
6. Driving lazily during a sunset.
7. Waking up and knowing you still have hours to sleep.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio and singing out loud.
9. A warm towel straight from the dryer.
10. Chocolate milk.
11. A hug from someone who really cares about you.
"Happiness isn't what you are, what you do or what you have - Happiness is what is in your thoughts."
12. An empty, pristine beach waiting for your foot print.
13. Finding money in your pocket.
14. Laughing at ourselves.
15. Lying in bed and listening to the rain.
16. Good and old friends.
17. Laughing at something only you know about.
18. Happening to hear someone say something nice about you.
19. Walking through sprinklers.
20. Flirting with a perfect stranger.
"If you think sunlight makes you happy, then you've never tried to dance in the rain."
22. Having a great conversation with someone you just met.
23. Bumping into an old friend and see that some good things never change.
24. Knowing your family is happy.
25. Cuddling with a friendly pet.
26. Eating chocolate slowly.
27. Getting a surprise birthday party.
28. Making your parents smile.
29. Be truly in love.
30. Knowing someone misses you...
"To be happy doesn't mean you're perfect, it means you've decided to accept life's imperfections."
Clancy's comment: There ya go. Yep, sometimes we forget about the great things in life. And, most of the time they are the simplest.