3 December 2012 - Walt Disney - Very Special Guest

*


WALT DISNEY



VERY SPECIAL GUEST


*



*


Born: December 5, 1901, Hermosa



Died: December 15, 1966, Burbank

*


G'day guys,


Today I welcome and feature an extraordinary guy who has achieved much - Walt Disney. He is a very special guest who has entertained billions of people over decades. Walter Elias "Walt" Disney was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur, entertainer, international icon, and philanthropist.


Walt was a famous American motion film producer who founded an entertainment company called Walt Disney Productions. Here are some of Walt Disney's most inspiring and best quotes.

Morning, Mr. Disney ...

*



*


Notable Quotes:


"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.


Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.


Accomplishment - Overcoming Opposition and Obstacles.

We did it (Disneyland), in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year.

People look at me in many ways. They've said, 'The guy has no regard for money.' That is not true. I have had regard for money. It depends on who's saying that. Some people worship money as something you've got to have piled up in a big pile somewhere. I've only thought about money in one way, and that is to do something with it. I don't think there's a thing I own that I will ever get the benefit of except through doing things with it. I don't even want the dividends from the stock in the studio.

*



*


All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.

Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children.

Love and Passion: Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.

Belief: We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.

Disneyland- Vision: It's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing ... and adding to.

People- Dreams- Teamwork: You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Money: Biggest problem? Well, I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life. MONEY. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true. From the very start it was a problem. Getting the money to open Disneyland. About seventeen million it took. And we had everything mortgaged including my personal insurance.


Work and Money: You reach a point where you don't work for money.


*



*


Joy and Attitude: Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either.


Ideas: I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.


Creating: I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going.


Hope and Faith: He popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.


Belief and Possibilities: I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.


Exploration - Experimentation - Imagination: I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination.


*



*


Creating Value For Others: My business is making people, especially children, happy.


Ideas - Perseverance - Perfection: Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work it until it's done and done right.


Leadership: Of all the things I've done, the most vital is coordinating the talents of those who work for us and pointing them toward a certain goal.


Doing for Others: You don't build it for yourself. You know what the people want and you build it for them.

Innovation: The fun is in always building something. After it's built, you play with it awhile and then you're through. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors.

Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children."

*



*


Clancy's comment: Mm ... lot's of his advice is very relevant to writers. Thanks Mr. Disney. Loved ya work!- CT.

*


* POST SCRIPT FROM YESTERDAY'S POST *


Here is a link for those of you who may be interested in adopting a soldier. This site relates to US military. Initially, I wanted to connect with Aussie soldiers but found it too difficult to arrange. 


*


http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/


*


I'm ...


*


No comments:

Post a Comment