8 September 2012 - Young Guest - 'LA'


Copyright - Clancy Tucker (c)


Quotes of the day:

 1. "Failing to plan is planning to fail."


Effie Jones


2. "High School is like a spork: it's a crappy spoon and a crappy fork, so in the end it's just plain useless.”


John Mayer




YOUNG GUEST - 'LA'


G'day guys,


Today I welcome my first young guest - 'LA'.  He is a bright young Australian and, to be transparent, I must advise that I've known him since he was a kid. His father is one of my best mates. Okay. LA is a very likeable character with a good brain and a charming personality. He is respectful and a forward thinker who lives in the State of Queensland, Australia. Oh, did I mention that LA gained his pilot's licence before his motor vehicle licence?  Yep, that's one of the reasons why I asked him to be a guest on my blog ... thought he'd have some interesting things to say. Welcome, LA. Tell us more.


TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOU – GENDER, HEIGHT, AGE AND PERSONALITY.


I’m a male, 17, roughly 6 foot, and kind of an outgoing, like to have fun personality.


 WHICH COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN?


Australia


 DO YOU LIVE WITH ONE OR BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS? HOW IS IT GOING?


I’m currently with both parents. Seems to be going ok.


 DO YOU LIVE IN A CITY, RURAL, BEACHSIDE, HIGH-RISE OR DESERT AREA?


I live in a suburb north of Brisbane.


 DO YOU ATTEND A PRIVATE OR GOVERNMENT SCHOOL?


I attend a private school


 WHAT YEAR ARE YOU CURRENTLY ATTENDING?


Currently in year 12


 IS IT AN ALL GIRLS / BOYS SCHOOL, OR CO-ED?


It’s an all guys school, but an all girls school 100m down the road….YAYA!!!



1965 Ford Mustang


WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT SCHOOL?


I love the music and industrial skills departments, the teachers are pretty casual and will always help


 WHAT SUCKS MOST ABOUT THE TEACHERS?


Their life experience is minimal, it seems like they are all straight from uni and that’s it. But that’s only for some teachers. The others have heaps.


 HAVE YOU BEEN BULLIED AT SCHOOL? WHAT HAPPENED?


Not that I can remember….


 DO YOU HAVE A PART-TIME JOB AFTER SCHOOL? WHERE?


I did a month, at Supercheap Auto. I resigned due to school commitments.


 WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND AND WHY?


Too many great guys and girls to name


 WHAT OTHER INTERESTS DO YOU HAVE – SPORT, HORSE-RIDING, READING, MUSIC? TELL US MORE.


My interests are aviation, flying when I can, fixing anything – cars, mowers, anything that has moving parts or that needs maintenance. Also I love woodwork and designing wooden objects.


 IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO BE WHATEVER YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?


A pilot of a 787 Dreamliner, but before those the owner of a 1965 Ford mustang white coupe, the pilot/owner/engineer of a Mk.26B Spitfire and an owner/driver of a jet boat. Or lastly a seaplane charter pilot.


 ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT?


Depends which situation. The litter yes, the oil spills are inevitable but, they need to be taken care of to prevent more. More bins need to be available anywhere and everywhere. Apart from that it seems to be holding its own.



Boeing 787 Dreamliner


HAVE YOU TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR OWN COUNTRY? WHERE?


Yes, USA, New Zealand (both islands) and Malaysia.


 IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO SAY SOMETHING TO EVERY WORLD LEADER, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THEM?


Put forward your idea/plan then let the people speak and listen to them first before you make your decision. FIND THE LOGIC IN THE PLAN/IDEA FIRST BEFORE MAKING IT!!!!


WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE FUTURE?


To achieve the previous stated dreams. But to become a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer, get a decent car, get a new job, house or apartment???


 WHAT WORRIES YOU MOST?


Dying, becoming physically or mentally disabled that would prevent my dreams.


 WHAT WORRIES YOU MOST ABOUT THE WORLD?


The scientific and technological discoveries we make getting used for the wrong purposes. The overall logic in people’s actions. There doesn’t seem to be much logic in people anymore.


 DO YOU THINK BEING A PARENT IS A TOUGH JOB?


Absolutely, from being the child, I can see it would be hard, but definitely worth it. I hope to have my own in the future.


 DO YOU EVER STAND UP FOR YOURSELF OR THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS?


For myself yes, if it is my place to do so for others yes, if not, I do what I can.


 WHO DO YOU ADMIRE MOST? WHY?


Matt Hall (the aerobatic pilot). He has achieved what he has wanted too and has had a ball doing it. My Grandfather (pop). He seemed to know everything about everything, and was a WWII fighter pilot.


 DO YOU THINK POLITICIANS AND WORLD LEADERS ARE DOING A GOOD JOB?


Not anymore. Some try which is awesome, some have no logic and don’t seem to care what people think.


 WHO INSPIRES YOU THE MOST?


John Mayer, Matt Hall, pop, my physics teacher.


 WHAT OR WHO HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON YOUR LIFE SO FAR? WHY?


Some of John Mayer’s quotes and some near death experiences of mine.


DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT DAY.


Waking up is a start haha, flying/soaring through clouds and/or around mountains, go for a drive in my 1965 Mustang as stated before, then go for a ride in my jet boat, followed by a romantic night with my gorgeous girlfriend.


 DO YOU READ BOOKS?


Not for a while, but starting to again now


 WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK? WHY?


Memoirs of a WWII fighter pilot



Cockpit of Boeing 787 Dreamliner




WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE? WHY?


Either ‘Iron man’, or ‘Transformers’ or ‘The Island’.


 WHAT WAS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?


Being in a bus crash in Malaysia; stopping 2 metres from the edge of a cliff.


 WHAT WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU?


Achieving my recreational pilot’s license and taking my pop as my first passenger. Getting my driver’s license.


 WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE?


Take the majority of laws away, let people make their own decisions about things. As long it wouldn’t endanger other people’s good time or safety.


 DO YOU THINK MUCH ABOUT WORLD POVERTY, REFUGEES, ASYLUM SEEKERS AND HOMELESS PEOPLE?


World poverty yes, homeless people yes, asylum seekers and refugees no, they need to help themselves like the homeless do, not get someone to do it for them.


 DO YOU DO ANY CHARITABLE WORK?


Yes I sometimes help and donate to the St Vincent de Paul, helped with Rosie’s Street Van, going out and feeding the homeless. I give blood when I can.


 WHAT OR WHO PISSES YOU OFF MOST?


Inexperienced drivers doing over confident things. People who aren’t genuine. i.e not acting like themselves.


 WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR?


My recreational pilot’s license.


 HAVE YOU WON ANY PRIZES AND AWARDS? TELL US MORE.


Yr 7 most improved for touch footy, hold a record for backstroke in the 13yr olds at my primary school. Some music competition awards.


 DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE PLACE? WHERE?


Watts Bridge airfield near Somerset dam.


 DO YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS?


I was walking through a girls school one day as it was the quickest way to my bus stop, and I was in a bit of a shit mood, but I saw this pretty girl trip over and she seemed to hurt herself, but I kept walking when she could have been a potential girlfriend. Although I’m insanely happy with my current girlfriend. Or waiting to ask someone out, then someone else beats you too it.


 WHAT DO YOU MOST LOOK FORWARD TO?


What the future holds for the world and me.


Thanks, LA. Keep going. You seem to be heading in a good direction. Happy birthday tomorrow.


Love ya work! - CT


Keep writing!


I'm Clancy Tucker.


www.clancytucker.com.au



Copyright - Horst Faas (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment