30 September 2012 - Friday Abumere - Guest Author


*


Quote of the day:


"An old man was asked what had robbed him of joy


the most in his lifetime. He replied ...


"Things that never happened!”


*


G'day guys,


Today I provide an interview with a humble African author who hails from Edo State, Nigeria, Africa - Friday Abumere. Welcome, Friday. Tell us how it is in Nigeria ...


*


Friday Abumere - Guest Author


*


TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR
WRITING JOURNEY.


 My names are Mr. Friday Abumere, I hails from Edo State, Nigeria. I am happily married and blessed with children. My journey into writing started six ago


 WERE YOU A GOOD READER AS A KID?


 Yes


 WHEN AND HOW DID YOU BECOME A WRITER?


 I became a writer six years ago as I have said before, it all started one evening as I was preparing to go to work, when a message drop into my mind that I should write a book. At first I ignore the message, but this kept on disturbing me until I got to my place of work, I pick my pen and paper and started writing.


 WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A WRITER?


 I enjoy been a writer when out of nothing, I was able to make something that has to pass
wisdom, knowledge and understanding to the readers.


 WHAT IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT BEING A WRITER?


 As a new writer and a beginner is always difficult, because you can never get any encouragement from anybody.



WHAT WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE, BEFORE YOU BECAME A WRITER?


 I was a computer engineer and I work in a hotel.


 WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST WRITING ACHIEVEMENT?


 My greatest achievement now is that my dream of six years ago has became a reality.


 WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?


 Presently now I am working on (wiser than the king) is the title of the book.


WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

Is God that inspires me.


 WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?


 Fiction


 DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS?


 Yes, nothing good that comes easily, they must be focus, believe in themselves and God.


 DO YOU SUFFER FROM WRITER’S BLOCK?


 No


 


DO YOU HAVE A PREFERRED WRITING SCHEDULE?


 No


 DO YOU HAVE A FAVOURITE WRITING PLACE?


No, I can write at any place, if I want to write, but provided the place is cool and calm.


 WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST JOY IN WRITING?


 My greatest joy In writing is when the book is completed, then I pass it to people to read
first. The feedback I recieve is always amazing.


 WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHOR AND WHY?


 My favourite author is God all mighty, because he is the giver of all good things in life,
wisdom, knowledge, understanding and inspiration.



WHAT’S THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT YOU EVER RECEIVED FROM A READER?


My greatest compliment I have ever received from my readers. They all says I am a wonderful person and a writer.


 WHAT WAS THE WORST COMMENT FROM A READER?


 No bad comment.


 WRITERS ARE SOMETIMES INFLUENCED BY THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THEIR OWN LIVES. ARE YOU?


 Yes, those of us that were not born with golden spoon, we passes many difficulties in life. Which may be different from any other person in the environment.


 HOW MANY BOOKS HAVE YOU PUBLISHED?


 One and the title of the book is (who to blame) and is available online in the Booktango
bookstore.



HAVE YOU WON ANY PRIZES OR AWARDS?


 No, but hoping to win.


 WHAT DID THEY MEAN TO YOU?


 To win any prize or award is not an easy tax, but that show good the writer is.


 OTHER THAN WRITING, WHAT ELSE DO YOU LOVE?


 If I am not writing, I  work with computer.


 DID YOU HAVE YOUR BOOK / BOOKS PROFESSIONALLY EDITED BEFORE PUBLICATION?


 Yes


*



Friday’s contact points:


LinkedIn:


http://www.linkedin.com/pub/friday-abumere/43/44b/a0b


*


Booktango:
http://bookstore.booktango.com/AdvancedSearch/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=friday+abumere


*


Clancy's comment: Thanks, Friday. Appreciate you dropping by. Keep up the good work - CT


Keep writing!




I'm Clancy Tucker



*


No comments:

Post a Comment